Search This Blog

Monday, November 6, 2017

First Christmas Card for 2017

I finally have started on my Christmas cards, this past week was a bit hectic with my mom's birthday party, the grand kids being on half days and me still with this lingering cold. Needless to say I just wasn't able to get anything out for last Wed's post, but I promise I have a card for this Wed and all next week so I promise no more mia.

Love the silver and white color scheme and not sure why but it kind of mesmerizes me, it seems just so elegant. I went with that and created my first card.

Using my Martha Stewart pine branch punch I punched out quite a few then used a circle die as my guide to create a wreath by overlapping the punched branches. I used white as my base color then layered on some more branches in silver glitter paper. I loved the way it came out.

I then cut a deer in silver paper with my WPlus9 reindeer or deer die and diecut the Merry in some shimmery red paper because I felt it needed a punch of color, then added the second half of my sentiment and finished with a couple of enamel dots.

Here is a close up because its hard to capture how glittery and festive it looks in a distant photo.



And there you have it the first of many cards to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment