Search This Blog

Monday, February 6, 2017

First Feb Birthday Card

My first birthday card for February is for my oldest grandson who will be 17. I knew I couldn't just give him a cutesy card so time to think more masculine and go with something car related. I decided to use my Tim Holtz stamps and inks.

I basically started by stamping with some distress paints then used inks to color over and create the background color. I then stamped in distress inks and when I thought it looked good decided to use a few spritz of water. Big mistake it left big white splotches on my card. Ugh.

Well I tried to fix it by adding ink back on top but it just wasn't the same so what better way to hide it then stamping on top of it so I added more stamps then finished with a happy die cut which is raised with some clear foam, added the enamel dots and stars and birthday sentiment. I dug deep into my stash for some very old basic grey pattern paper to mat it on and voila a guy card.

Honestly I feel like it has way too much stamping but I didn't want to start completely all over to fix my water mistake so it is what it is and I am sure he'll love it just the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment