Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Batman Birthday

Well since my last card didn't work too well for my grandson I thought I would try something a bit more fitting. Remember me telling you I save everything, I really do. This is a negative from a die cut that I used for a Christmas card, I matted it on top of some black and white polka dot paper and decided to make it more comic themed. Used my silhouette to cut out the batman logo, then popped it on a circle punched die cut and all that was left was to make it look like the batman search light.
 
I searched my stash for a bit of vellum and then used that to give the search light effect. I added the sentiment but thought the card looked a little lack luster so I opted to die cut a bunch of stars and tiny dots (yes I know I am a nut) and got a little heavy handed gluing them all down but for a 6 yr old I am sure he will love all those glittery stars.
 
Now on to a birthday card for my father in law. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment