Search This Blog

Monday, January 2, 2017

Water Color Thank You

Happy New Year everyone! Hope you had a splendid time with your family and friends over the holidays. Cards at the bottom for everyone who just wants to skip the read.

Finally back in my craft room after all the hectic things that goes on during the holidays. I found myself wanting to watercolor. Now I usually use either Tim Holtz Distress Inks or Kuretake paints but I also had purchased some Peerless paints which I love but they don't come in a box or on a palette of any sort and unfortunately I can't tell what the colors look like. As you can see below, it's difficult to know the fronts from the backs.


I have been meaning to make some sort of functional sampler set for them and I took this opportunity to do so. First I had to mount them on to something. Having some crappy cheap watercolor paper (90 lbs) I cut those up into small rectangles then mounted the Peerless sheets with double sided tape.  


After they were mounted I then put a small sample of color on the upper edge and hole punched the corner As you can see some of those colors look nothing like their sample


 And here they are all nice and neat ready to use and I can now tell which color is which.

 
Now that I am all organized I can finally proceed onto my card.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment