Search This Blog

Friday, December 12, 2014

More December Daily

I have to admit I feel like I am barely keeping up with my DD. I am going away this weekend which is really going to put a damper on getting anything done for this week. I am trying to take pictures so I have those but given Christmas is fast approaching with so much left to do I am feeling a little overwhelmed.

Today is say 6, 7 and 8.

I was creating these pages last night listening quietly to the rain outside my window, it was such a peaceful sound I didn't feel the need to turn on any music and just enjoyed the moment.

Day 6 is documenting that we bought our tree and that I always buy cedar bunches that I use to fill plastic cups which sit in these beaded candle holders which I bought years ago from Pottery barn. I mounted them to my wall around a mirror (3 on either side) in my entry way. And together between the tree and the cedar bunches our house smells wonderful.


 
Day 7 - Today documents our new lights. We bought new colorful LED lights to replace some blue ones that my husband bought a few years ago. Mistakenly thinking they would resemble the feel of snow. My ds called us the Hanukkah House. BTW I took the photos using a circle of chipboard that I cut out using my Spellbinders dies and then a small heart was cut out in the middle again using a Spellbinders die. I then used painters tape to affix the circle on top of the lens and you get these nice little hearts. The circle was the same size or diameter as my lens in case anyone was interested in repeating this.
 




 
Day 8 - Just noting the fact that I took some yummy cranberry muffins to work.
 

2 comments:

  1. I know how you feel. I need to do days 9-11 plus today, day 12. I know what I want to do but it's just a matter of printing the pics & sitting down to put it all together. Your's is looking great...I know you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such cute pages, Leslie and love the close ups of your tree and cedar branches. I experimented with heart shaped bokeh this year too! :) This December seems to be particularly busy, but I know we can get our albums done!

    ReplyDelete