Search This Blog

Friday, October 10, 2014

Red and Black Halloween Card

Ever since I altered my Wicked letters I really wanted to do something with some deep red roses and the color black. I guess you could say a vampire theme since that's what comes to mind when I think of this color combo.

I went against my beliefs again and did yet another 3D card. I actually dipped these flowers in some red mist ink which I found to be the perfect coloring tool. I was misting them but for whatever reason it dawned on my to unscrew the cap and dip the flowers in using the metal stem to hold them..so much easier and far less messy.

Lots of tid bits here, Memory Box and Simon Says dies, German foil, washi tape, stickles,  mist, Martha Stewart punches and some Jenni Bowlin stickers. I still feel like I want to texture those black leaves, but maybe next time because it's one of those should'a, could'a, would'a moments and they were already fastened to the card before I figured it out.

4 comments:

  1. Another gorgeous card, Leslie, love the mix of supplies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!!! It does feel vampirish. The JBS letters work so well in this and I absolutely love all your layering!! :) Evie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the feel of this card!! Very cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooooo, pretty! Love the flower cluster!

    ReplyDelete