Search This Blog

Friday, June 13, 2014

Mixed Media Hello card

This is another card I made for Scrapyland using some mixed media (mostly just embossing paste mixed with paint and some misting.)
 
I really like the look of mixed media and am slowly making my way into trying a few things. For right now I just stayed in my comfort zone using the embossing paste and sprays but have a small canvas I have been using for my play area with different items.
 
And I will have you know I really am against these 3-D cards or ones that have banners sticking off them because I just feel you should be able to put your card into a envelope but obviously this one will be a bit thick with that flower. I had to go step over my do not do line because I accidently misted the flower for another project before I realized the color was orange and not yellow..and I hate to waste product so felt the need to use it and was working on this card so kind of just went with it.
 
So in cases like this it's nice to be able to leave it on someone's desk at work for a nice surprise even if I can't stuff it into an envelope.
 
 

5 comments:

  1. Such a cool card, Leslie, love the variety of techniques you've got goin' on! Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can be weird about stuff sticking up everywhere on my projects too :) This looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice card... and we are so on the same page about embellishments hanging off cards - I ALWAYS think, "how are you going to put that in an envelope?!" lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, I am so digging this card and all its texture! Yum!!! Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leslie, I love your card. I love the colors, the flower, the texture! It's all amazing. Awesome job.

    ReplyDelete