Search This Blog

Friday, March 7, 2014

Cards - Irish Blessings

These certainly are not your typical green St. Patrick's Day cards but I loved these blessings and always thought they could be used any day on top of just St. Patty's Day.

I don't know why but I love misting lately..it's kind of fun so had to try it on a card and of course it needed a bit of shimmer so I added some sequins and then left it at that.



This next card I thought I would try some stenciling again. I actually created a stencil using the silhouette and their stencil product which I {heart} since it is sticky but not overly where you can't pull the stencil off your project without ripping it sticky. Having adhesive gives it a nice seal so if your using any semi liquid it doesn't run under the edges...nice!

Then I thought I would try a bit of watercoloring again, this time faired a bit better than my last fiasco.




4 comments:

  1. Love the Irish sayings! The watercolor rainbow is quite stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such lovely cards, Leslie, and definitely good for any time of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards! LOVE the rainbow :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Leslie,
    I just came across your rainbow card an it moved me to tears. I absolutely love this quote and to see it on this card is just perfect. My mom passed away from breast cancer 2 years ago, and 3 months after she passed I asked her for help and both times within minutes a rainbow appeared. It was unreal. Then after that, a few more instances happened where I talked to her and then saw a beauitful rainbow. Long story short, rainbows now bring me so much happiness and joy and allow me to "see" my mom again. I would LOVE to buy this card from you!! I have 2 framed rainbow cards that encourage me daily on my nightstand, and I would love nothing more than to add this card to my collection. Please let me know if this is possible! You can email me at colleenstrobel6@gmail.com
    With love,
    Colleen :)

    ReplyDelete