Search This Blog

Monday, January 6, 2014

December Daily - Finished at last!

So now that I am finally done with this I thought I would reflect back and share my lessons learned for creating a DD since this was my first year.

1. Scanning the pages is much easier than taking photos for sharing online.
2. I need a better printer. I didn't like how some of my prints came out.
3. Have a backup camera. I lost my camera which made me have to use an older one and the quality was just not what I was used to having.
4. Have an agenda. I actually did and that helped me premake some pages that eventually helped save me some time
5.  Collect ephemera through the year. I used a lot of embellishments which I had stashed and used that for most of my pages.

After all that I think I can do this again. I did struggle for a bit and most of that was because I was sick and took a week out of my vaca life which I had hoped to use to scrap.

If you were doing a DD are you finished or am I just the last one done?










5 comments:

  1. Love the way your album turned out, sorry to hear you lost your camera! Being prepared in advance, even a little is definitely a good tip for completion! And those cupcakes are drool-worthy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pages, Leslie! It sounds like you were super prepared to finish this. Those cupcakes are making me hungry. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pages, I finished mine last night. It's always one of my favorite things to make and I love looking back at it when its finished. I think this was my 5th year of doing a December mini album and it's my favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome pages and they are some great tips too - thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on finishing, I didn't even start! Lovely pages

    ReplyDelete